Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dear James

Today I went to eat with my family. My Uncle Toai took us out. It was at a place called Phuong where they served family-style Vietnamese meals. At the table next to us I saw a family of 5. The father had a mustache, so it immediately reminded me of your father. I noticed at his right hand was what appeared to be his eldest son. It made me miss you, but not in the sorrowful kind of way. The boy and father appeared to love each other very much. They were each eating a bowl of mi, and the son gave the father his shrimp, and the father gave his son something back. I wish my words could be more articulate, but the gesture was truly one of love. I know you and your father are together now. I hope all is well. I'll try and do my part and keep it together down here.

Love Always,
Your Son Drew

0 comments: