Friday, December 5, 2008

my dilemma

i used to feel that i had some fairly adequate people skills. i generally do my best to be empathetic towards people. i try to avoid making money or material gain my motivation, and yet that's fine when I'm at home or at church but it doesn't seem to translate well in the "real world."

i don't know, really... i just get the feeling that i'm viewed more and more like this guy:



without the funny =[

ex: @ the last senior project meeting near the end while people starting going off talking and so i wanted to ask another team member if he had the minutes from the previous previous meeting. i just wanted to know if he had done them, not realizing some people would view that as making him look bad.

well you know what? i don't have those kinds of motives, and didn't think it was a big deal that he hadn't sent them out, that's not what matters to me. my motives and motivations aren't that shallow... and yet, i'm pretty sure i'm turning into michael scott (without the funny). as in i'm always saying inappropriate things and... well... yea.

boo

0 comments: